Friday, November 1, 2013

Boo! It's a Halloween Blog.

Sooooo, I failed to do a weekend update blog. Let's just pretend that was on purpose and I was saving my stories for a Halloween blog, shall we? Okay, great, thanks.

So, our Halloween festivities began on Saturday with a trip to the pumpkin patch. Caroline had fun walking around, checking out the pumpkins, and watching the other kids run around a play. We ended up with one big pumpkin (picked by Josh) and two small swan squashes (picked by me and Caroline). We had a wonderful time and the weather was PERFECT. We went to the same church as last year and the people there are so nice. It's amazing to see how different our family looks this year as compared to last year ;)

Here's the "three of us" last year!


And here we are this year! See? Quite different indeed!






After the pumpkin patch, we grabbed lunch at Newk's! We ordered Caroline her first kid's meal, which she didn't eat. She is obsessed with table food, but apparently she only likes it if it comes from our plates. She likes to be just like us, I suppose. Anywho, after that we went to Wal-Mart and Target in search of the central piece of Josh's costume: The Flash t-shirt! Target totally came through and we found the perfect shirt. We were Sheldon and Amy from the Big Bang Theory - a cheap and easy costume!! We all got in our costumes and headed to Sam and his wife's Halloween party. We had fun but had to call it quits early due to a certain peacock falling asleep :)



Sunday was an uneventful day, as Josh had to work all day. He listened to jail calls in the office all day, while Caroline and I watched Halloween movies. We watched Corpse Bride and Paranorman. I swore we had a copy of The Nightmare Before Christmas, my absolute favorite... whomp whomp.

Yesterday was Caroline's first Halloween! I put her in the cutest Minnie Mouse "My 1st Halloween" onesie, with her adorable pumpkin skirt, but she was too busy being wild to pose for a picture sooo it wasn't really documented. Josh and I both left work early to attend the Halloween Festival at her daycare. She wore her peacock costume and had so much fun watching the older kids play. She is absolutely fearless and didn't mind all the kids twice her size running past her. She stood by the jungle gym and watched in amazement. We found it hilarious that she was the same size as all of the older toddlers running around... our baby is huge!




We took Caroline trick-or-treating to two houses. The first house, home of her almost two-year-old friend Keagan, had no one there which was a bummer. The second house, home of her probably two-month-old neighbor Jacob, had people! SCORE! We finally met our neighbors across the street. Caroline got to "say" trick-or-treat and get "her" candy. She then walked all the way back across the street to her house, had a bottle, and passed out. Meanwhile, we got two trick-or-treaters - LAME. I'm so glad I bought the biggest bag of candy I could find. NOT. At least Josh will eat it :) Me? Last year I ate like a pound of candy on Halloween and this year I did not eat a single piece. My pregnancy sweet tooth was out of control last year and this year it's completely gone - crazy.

I hope everyone had a happy Halloween!!

2 comments:

  1. What a difference a year makes! Wonder what next year will be like....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably similar to this year, but hopefully a certain little girl will have more hair!

      Delete