Monday, November 18, 2013

Caroline's Last Week as a 0 Year Old.

In a week she'll be a 1 year old, so this is her last week as a 0 year old. That sounds weird, but I'm going to go with it. So what has miss almost-1-year-old been up to? She is a busy bee these days. 

Friday, she had her first day in the infant-toddler transition room at her daycare. She did so well and I think she's going to be extremely happy in there. Apparently she only cried a few times when her old teacher came in the room and left (silly separation anxiety baby). She had a meltdown when I walked in to take her home and didn't pick her up right away (an every day occurrence). She saw me, screamed, and fell backward onto a xylophone in a tantrum of rage. But when I picked her up she was instantly happy again. Goof.

Playing with her friends all day was exhausting!


Friday night, we went to Outback for another shot at a birthday dinner (thanks for the giftcard, mom and dad) since Bonefish was a delicious disaster. Outback was AMAZING. Caroline was such a good girl while we waited, munching on one of her fruit/veggie pouches. When we (finally) got a table she was so well behaved. She ate some bread, baked potato, and steak, and drank from a kid's cup with a straw like a big girl! She was absolutely exhausted by the time we got home (as was I... that much food + a big bloke beer = tired old lady). I managed to stay up to watch The Purge, which gets a Kaitlin rating of "eh."

Hurry, mister beeper, I want STEAK.


Saturday, we had our pancakes and bacon and then headed to LabCorp while Josh cleaned the house. I was prepared for the worst but instead she was wonderful. She entertained everyone in the waiting room by using the coke machine as a set of bongos. She then sat on my lap while she got her blood drawn and didn't even flinch. I think she was too distracted by my keys to even realize there was a needle sticking out of her arm. I'm so so so so proud of her. 


Garfield band-aids are for tough little girls.

We then had a TJ Maxx/Trader Joe's adventure, ate curry chicken tenders for lunch, and "watched football" with daddy (I think she napped and I cleared her closet of summer/too-small clothes, so sad). We had pizza for dinner nom nom nom (I actually ate potato skins and Josh ate pizza. Caroline ate pepperoni).


Being a big girl is hard work.

Sunday, we had our pancakes and bacon (SHOCKING). We went on a family Target run where we got Caroline four pairs of pants, slippers, diapers, food, ibuprofen, yadda yadda yadda, and like nothing for us. SPOILED. The pants/slippers are birthday gifts that I'll wrap up and let her unwrap. Caroline loved exploring Target and was entertaining everyone by walking around and talking. We then went to Newk's for lunch, got my parents a super cool Christmas gift at Homegoods (bwhahahaha, secrets), and headed home to relax. I had mommy bathtime with wine and Upside Down on Netflix (it gets my rating of "predictable romantic film"). Later, Josh and Caroline went to Best Buy while I walked around Kohls and got absolutely nothing. We then had a pork roast from Trader Joe's for dinner (DELICIOUS) and had a lazy evening at home.

Mr. Doggy, what are you doing at Target and not at home?


In a week, Caroline turns ONE and we fly to New Hampshire for Thanksgiving - ahhhh, exciting things ahead!

4 comments:

  1. My baby and her baby are no longer babies! She needed more pants?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got her some stretchy legging type pants for more comfy, around the house wear. I packed away all of her stretchy pants and all that are left are the jeans you got her! #GIANTBABY I had a good coupon for Target and got pants for $3 each!

      Delete
  2. She looks soooo cute in her jeans!! I hope you use them :-)

    ReplyDelete