Monday, August 5, 2013

Holy Milestones, Batman!

We had a wonderful weekend, which makes Monday that much more evil for interrupting it! So, let's see what we did this weekend and talk about all the freaking things Caroline learned this weekend.

Friday, Josh left work early to take Wrangler to the vet. I left at 3:30 (I love Fridays) and Caroline and I went straight home to hang out and offer a very upset Ellie some support (she freaks out when her and Wrangler are separated). Ellie was so sad and Caroline kept trying to pet and hug her. Cutest girls ever. Caroline and I did a lot of crawling practice in her nursery; she was having so much fun exploring! Note to my food friend: I think we were boring and ate a frozen pasta meal for dinner.




We woke up really early Saturday morning to take Caroline to the park to go swinging! We learned last weekend that the park becomes a sauna, since it sits in the sun all day, so it's best to go in the morning. Josh made us sausage and eggs for breakfast (delicious!) and we headed to the park. Caroline had so much fun swinging. She rocked her polka dot sunglasses and smiled the ENTIRE time. It was the cutest thing ever. Then, we went down the slide together, which was unimpressive considering the slide was not sleek at all and I had to shimmy us to the bottom. Oh well, it was still fun :)




We then headed to the mall to take advantage of tax free weekend. Caroline has outgrown nearly all of her pajamas, so we were on a mission to find her new ones. Guys, the only pajamas that looked long enough for her were size 18-month. Our baby is a lanky little thing. We got her two sets of pajamas at Children's Place and another set at Dillards. Behold the cuteness:

This is how she rides in her stroller at the mall.

And these are two of her new sets of pajamas.

After our mall adventure, we came back to the house for lunch (dear food friend, Josh ate bratwurst and I ate shrimp with vegetables from a Chinese take-out place). We played with Caroline for the rest of the afternoon. She did SO MUCH in one afternoon, guys:
  1. She learned to clap.
  2. She pulled herself up from sitting to standing, which she has been doing for a while but never that well.
  3. She took some assisted steps using her fancy lion.
  4. She rode on the lion and had SO MUCH FUN.
I mean, holy milestones, batman! She has been behind some of her slightly younger "Facebook baby friends" (babies of my Facebook friends) in terms of crawling. I have never been worried about her; she's definitely on track with all of her milestones (except, my gosh, this girl's lanky arms are forever in the way when she tries to roll over). However, I know that she wants to be mobile so she can properly attack Parker's tale, give Wrangler hugs, and chase the balls from her dinosaur toy. So, I am super proud of her and her new-found mobility!



Saturday night, we grilled some steak shish-kabobs (you're welcome, food friend) and just hung out some more. Caroline was exhausted from all of her activities and fell asleep on the couch at 8:00. However, when I tried to put her to bed shortly after, she decided sleep was totally uncool and decided to attempt crawling on my stomach while I watched Supernatural. I then put her on my lap and she fell asleep instantly. Goofy child seriously thinks she's missing out whenever she sleeps!

Sunday, Joshua made us bacon and pancakes for breakfast. Once again, Caroline decided her pancake was a toy and ended up ripping it to pieces and throwing it on the floor (the dogs love her). Every toy we give her goes directly in her mouth, but food rarely does. What a goof! We didn't really do much on Sunday. We bought coffee, stocked up on baby stuff at Target, crept on the neighbors, ate leftovers, hung out with Caroline, and basically had a super lazy Sunday.

Caroline was quite styling all weekend; 
her Memaw has excellent taste.

Oh, and food friend: for dinner I had lobster and cheese bites from Target. They were okay; not good, not bad. I just knew you would want to know.

I hope everyone had an amazing weekend!! Hugs and kisses from Florida :)

4 comments:

  1. SHE IS SO CUTE. AND THANK YOU FOR THE FOOD UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you think Memaw has good taste! Caroline is so much fun to shop for :)

    ReplyDelete