Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Boring Weekend Post.

As usual, I'm a day late on my "weekend update" - although, there's not really much to report.


Helping mommy select a beverage; such a good helper :)

We didn't really do many exciting things this weekend. We installed Caroline's big girl car seat (she loves it), got new coffee mugs (our awkward square mugs are going away), and reached the end of Mad Men on Netflix. We took Caroline to the park (note to self: upload photos, sheesh) to play on the swings, only to find that the swings were to hot to be played on. Whomp whomp. I did swing with her on my lap, which she loved, but it would be so much fun for her to swing on her own. Our goal is to go to the park early next weekend before the dreaded Florida heat causes the playground to become a microwave. I will post pictures once I get them off my camera :)

Play time!

Honestly, we didn't really do anything worth noting this weekend. We spent a lot of time playing with Caroline. She's coming so close to crawling; she just can't figure out what to do with those back legs! And she is constantly wanting to stand up. She grabs onto my fingers and pulls herself up, and looks so proud of herself afterwards. It's the cutest thing! We just spent a lot of time sitting on the floor with her this weekend; it was a lot of fun!





I also packed up a lot of outgrown clothes from her closet, and unpacked a tub of larger clothes. Oh my gosh, some of the hand-me-downs my mom sent are adorable; Caroline's going to be rocking some awesome 80s clothes :) One of Josh's coworkers gave us a bunch of clothes a while back, which I unpacked as well. Lots of cute stuff!! Guys, I sent Caroline to daycare yesterday in a size 18-month dress and it fit. EIGHTEEN MONTHS. My baby is only eight months old. Someone is a big baby! As you can see below, someone was way too hyper to model her dress for the camera (and too busy sticking her tongue out to properly pose).



It's amazing the things that entertain her: raspberries on the tummy, peekaboo, and blowing in her hair (yes, that's weird) all bring on squeals. Speaking of her hair, she's getting a lot of it. And there's a patch on the left side that is permanently sticking straight out and cannot be tamed. It will still be a long time before I can put her in pigtails, but at least there's now some hair on that little bald head :)


No comments:

Post a Comment