Monday, July 22, 2013

A weekend of choices!

Ugh, it's Monday. It snuck up way to quickly and I'm not ready for it. I think little miss snot factory may have gotten her mommy sick. Stuffy nose? Yep. Scratchy throat? Ugh, yes. General "I feel like crappo" feeling? Yea Boi! I should have called in sick just to take a day off but I'm way too stingy with my vacation time for that nonsense. I'll just suffer while on the clock. Bleh!

As I'm sure you have gathered, we dealt with a sick baby all weekend. Her nose just would not.stop.running. Poor little thing clearly didn't feel well and still isn't old enough for any over-the-counter medicine. She seemed a bit better this morning in terms of the amount of snot pouring out of her nose, but if she's not better tomorrow we may take her to the doctor for antibiotics. She remained in good spirits all weekend but clearly was not feeling 100%.

I finally chose a convertible car seat for Caroline! After posing the question on Facebook of which car seat people recommended there was an overwhelming response of "Britax Marathon." However, I didn't go with that car seat. Caroline is 98 percentile in height and I don't foresee that number dropping, so it's important to get her a car seat with a tall shell. As nice as the Britax seats are, I repeatedly read [during my hours and hours and hours of research] that they are not ideal for tall babies and don't last very long rear-facing. I ended up torn between a $280 Chicco seat and a $180 Gracco seat. When it came down to it, neither seemed better than the other, so we went with the Gracco seat. We ended up ordering the Graco My Size 70 convertible car seat in "Odyssey." I used a $25 promo at Babies 'r' Us and got a good deal on it. The head rest goes SO far up I think it will last her a long time. I'm glad I finally made the choice!

I made another choice this weekend that surprise even me: I switched from an iPhone to a Droid. So far so good! The main reason for my switch? The camera in the Droid is amazing. The guy at Best Buy was about to transfer my photos from the iPhone to the Droid and was shocked by how many photos were on my iPhone. So many he suggested not transferring them because it would take an hour. Hey, I have a very photogenic baby, gosh; don't judge me! I ended up with the Samsung Galaxy S4 and I actually really like it. If I feel the need for an Apple fix, I have my iPad and Mac to take care of that.

All-in-all we didn't do anything exciting this weekend. We ate some boring food, watched some boring TV, did some boring cleaning, and ran some boring errands. And it was awesome. There's nothing wrong with boring, bwhahahaha!

Want to get a quick perspective of how much our baby has grown in the past eight months? Below is a photo of Caroline on her first outing, lunch at Newk's. Look at how TINY she is in that car seat, guys. Her head is WAY at the bottom, and that's with the infant insert under her baby bum. We're now having to replace this car seat because her head is nearing the top and she's squished in there. OUR BABY HAS GOTTEN SO BIG. It's incredible.

Little Miss Caroline, only a couple days old <3
During that first outing she slept the entire time and did nothing because she was still completely oblivious to the world around her. We ate at Newk's for lunch this weekend on that very same patio. She sat in her high chair, ate her peaches, creeped on the people behind us, talked to us A LOT, giggled, and smiled. It really puts into perspective how much she has changed in eight months. She's much more exciting now!

2 comments:

  1. So since you posted a "before" picture, I was expecting an "after" picture of what she looks like in that carseat now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwhahahaha all the after photos are on my iPhone! Her head is about an inch from the top now!

      Delete