Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sick baby, Father's Day, and Vaccinations, OH MY!

Welp, due to a busy morning at work, a trip to the doctor, and a clingy baby, my Monday update didn't actually happen on Monday. Mondays stink anyway and deserve no recognition, so Tuesday it is!

Let's start with Friday, shall we? Caroline had been a coughing snot factory all week, so we caved in and took her to the doctor Friday morning. By we I mean me, as Josh had court in the morning. Honestly, handling a six-month old alone at a doctor's office for two hours (yes, two hours) is no easy task. She is getting very independent and constantly wants to stand. She LOVES standing up. It was no fun, but she drank a bottle, "read" books, and played with that weird tissue paper crap they put on the tables. When the doctor finally came in, after two nurses saw us, she sent us to a radiologist to get a chest x-ray. Luckily, Josh was done in court so he met us at the radiologist's office so I could go back to work. Thankfully, I got a call later that her x-rays came back normal. Unfortunately, that didn't make her feel any better and she is still a coughing snot factory. But she's SUCH a cute coughing snot factory!

Oh guys, this story is FASCINATING.

Saturday, we had an adventure at the mall to get a tuxedo shirt and bowtie for Joshua for the wedding. We are going to look quite smashing in our fancy outfits. How do you know Caroline is sick? She slept in the carseat throughout an entire Target run and the whole time we were at the mall. This NEVER happens. She is the princess of cat naps and never naps that long. We woke her up for a bottle at Chipotle and headed home. We relaxed around the house for the rest of the night, had some deck beers, ate some butter chicken, and lazed around watching TV.

Life on my quilt is SO MUCH FUN.

Sunday, we celebrated Joshua's first Father's Day! Caroline was so excited to celebrate, she decided 6am was the perfect wakeup time! We gave her daddy his card and his lovely fingerpainted pictures. He then made us breakfast (I did offer to make it, but he insisted!). We had a relaxing morning drinking our coffee and hanging with our girl. We enjoyed some deck beers before heading out for lunch at Vertigo, a local burger joint. I got a shrimp creole burger, which was AMAZING, and we shared sweet potato fries, which were SOOOO GOOOOOD. We then had a Best Buy adventure, where Caroline decided she needed her lunch. We headed home and watched two movies. First was Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. Guys, it was SO BAD. Even Caroline fell asleep ;) After that was Warm Bodies, which we really enjoyed - I recommend that one! We ordered a pizza, chatted with my parents, and went to bed at an embarrassingly early hour... it was amazing. Joshua's first Father's Day was a success!

Hanging out with my daddy is SUPER COOL.

The creepiest thing ever happened as we went to bed Sunday night. Caroline had been in bed for about an hour. I laid down to to go sleep and Josh sat up to play on his phone for a bit before calling it a night. About 15 minutes into this we hear a SCREAM from Caroline's room. I mean, a horrific scream. I bolt up in the bed and Josh sprints into her room. He comes back and tells me she's peacefully sleeping. WTF, guys, WTF. It was clearly her voice that screamed, but she was fast asleep. I'm assuming she had a nightmare but it was honestly the scariest thing ever and we both had a hard time going to sleep. Poor thing :(



Monday, we went in for Caroline's six-month checkup. Her stats:

Height: 28.5", 98th percentile.
Weight: 18 lbs 3 oz, 80th percentile.
Head: 42.8 cm, 50th percentile.

I adore my giant baby!! Once again, it was just me and my gal at the doctor's office (husband had jury selection and a meeting with a Judge), and once again she was an unhappy, fidgety mess. We spent about 20 minutes just walking in circles around the room singing songs; that was the only way to keep her happy. She was great and all smiles during her exam. Then, the vaccinations came and she SCREAMED. However, unlike the other vaccine days, she was fine the second I picked her up. So, it actually went really well. We went home and sat on the couch together all afternoon. She got mad whenever I put her down, so there were many snuggles.

Mommy, why are we at the doctor's office AGAIN?

It was a great weekend; I just wish my little lady was feeling better :( Sick baby makes for a sad mommy and daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment