Monday, June 10, 2013

An actual Monday update!

Look at me actually making a Monday update on a Monday. I'm all timely and stuff. I am trying to delay doing actual work for a bit, so I will blog! I would also like to remind everyone that Mondays SUCK.

Only a face like this can brighten a Monday.


So, what did we do this weekend? Not much, actually, and it was amazing.

Joshua had an archery tournament early Saturday morning. We got up early, before Caroline woke up, and Joshua made pancakes and we enjoyed coffee time sans baby. It was nice! Although, her presence was missed and I got excited when I heard her morning sounds on the monitor. Caroline and I headed out for an early morning shopping adventure. We were at Michael's by 9am and Old Navy by 9:30am. We then did Fathers Day arts and crafts (no details yet, as the husband has yet to see our masterpiece).

"Daddy, I missed you. Don't ever play archery again!"


We spent the afternoon webcamming with my family, going on a "run" around the block (mostly walking with tiny "runs" every once in a while... I'm really out of shape), and enjoying deck wine. It was a wonderful day. We finished the day with wonderful salads for dinner.

Grilled chicken, carrots, avocado, green peppers, spring greens.
Sunday, we ate pancakes and bacon! Caroline got some pancakes to "eat" but not a single piece made it near her mouth. They all ended up ripped to shreds and on the floor for Ellie to eat (Wrangler was too hypnotized by bacon to notice the rain of pancakes). Every single toy we give Caroline goes straight toward her mouth, but the second we give her food it goes nowhere near... odd.

I loves my new pancake toy, mommy!
We then headed to the mall to do some shopping! We bought a convertor for Spain and some new shoes for me (adorable sandals that I completely forgot to photograph. After the mall, we headed home for the rest of the day. We had more porch wine, more healthy salads, and watched a marathon of Storage Wars. We're the coolest family ever.

I LOVE MOMMY'S IPHONE A LOT.
Now that Caroline is sitting up so well, we decided to set up the playpen in the living room so that she has a safe place to play (two crazy doggies often come close to knocking her over. I have named this safe place baby prison. She loves it. We even put her in there this morning instead of the swing. She'll soon outgrow the swing, so it's good that we have found another place for her to be. She can be independent, yet still see us for reassurance. It works well!

Baby prison!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment