Monday, June 24, 2013

A weekend with our goof.

Caroline gets goofier every day. It's amazing! Not only is she getting more mobile (no, she's not crawling yet. BUT she's great at flopping over in our laps to eat our knees. Or tumbling herself over on the couch to grab a doggie tail), but she gets more and more personality every day. We're quite fond of our goofball; she fits in quite nicely with us :)

Anywho, we had a weekend of home/baby/vacation preparation! Saturday was cleaning day. Unfortunately, I didn't get as much cleaning done as I had planned, because a certain someone insisted on being held (no, not Josh, Wrangler, Ellie, Parker, or Tollie... a certain tiny baldy). Josh did most of the cleaning while I kept miss baby entertained. After cleaning, we headed out for a delicious lunch at Newk's, bought Joshua a wallet at Stein Mart, and bought me a bag from Shoe Station (wallet that will fit in his front pocket for him and a large over-the-shoulder zip-up bag for me... apparently the pickpocketers in Barcelona are pros). Joshua made us some tasty enchiladas for dinner and we watched a few episodes of Mad Men before I collapsed into bed.



Sunday, I was planning to pack. I did some packing... mostly toiletries and stuff. But I don't want to pack clothes yet to avoid those obnoxious wrinkles... so the hardcore packing will happen later this week. I went to Target and spent a depressing $130 on household items, dog/cat items, and Caroline items. I'm trying to make sure we have enough of everything for the parents. Sunday afternoon, I went to redeem my NailBar giftcard and got an eyebrow wax, a pedicure, a manicure, and two peach champagne cocktails. It was very enjoyable and a great gift from Caroline ;) I am SO awkward at nail salons, though. I can county the number of times I have ever gotten my nails done on one hand, and I have no clue what to do at those places. The lady doing my nails didn't speak very clear english, so I was even more clueless. Thank goodness for my delicious beverages to ease my social awkwardness a bit!



We ended the night with a dinner at Chili's, more MadMen, and a webcam chat with my parents. This weekend went by WAY TOO FAST (I'm not ready for my mortal enemy... Monday). I wish we could take this week off to prep. However, we have to make the money so we can afford to enjoy ourselves on this trip!

Have an amazing week everyone!! I will be spending my week trying not to stress too much about our upcoming trip to Barcelona :)

2 comments:

  1. This entry was about a weekend with your goof. I am awaiting an entry about an entire week WITHOUT your goof! I am already missing all four of my Tallahassee lassies and the three lads :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging soon!!! We all miss you guys and wish you could have stayed longer!!

    ReplyDelete