Wednesday, May 1, 2013

"You look skinny."

You know those three magical words every new mother wants to hear? No, not "I love you." Nope, "she's so cute" is flattering, but not what I'm going for. "I got cheesecake" are definitely three magical words I love to hear, but there are three words that are even better at the moment: 

"You look skinny."

My husband got major brownie points this weekend when he said those three little words. He meant them, too. I have known him long enough (sidenote: nearly ten years (sidenote to the sidenote: when did we get so old?)) to know when he means it, and when he is just flattering me. 
I have been mostly good about eating healthy. I may have relapsed this weekend at the site of bacon (hey, when it's buy one get one free, it must be purchased and cooked), but I ate less than I normally would. I have been eating smaller portions, have nearly completely cut out sodas, and rarely eat sweets (unless the husband offers to bring me one; my body answers NO but my mouth says YES). I am snacking less, and when I do snack I try to keep it healthy. 

I have been "working out" during my lunch breaks at the office. Luckily, I have an office with a door, so I can actually have privacy during my lunch breaks. I turn on my slacker radio (but keep it at a low volume because my office is far from soundproof), and do whatever exercises come to mind. These mostly consist of squats, leg lifts, and other silent exercises. I work on the second floor of our office, and there is an office directly below mine, so jumping jacks aren't exactly an option. I think back to my two exercise mediums from my youth (1. Dance class and 2. Jane Fonda workout video) and do the stretches and exercises I remember. If anyone could actually see me working out in my office, they would laugh. A lot. I'm sure I'm all kinds of awkward. However, nobody can see me, so I can be as awesomely ridiculous as I want; at least I'm burning calories!

I have been talking so much about what my post-baby body looks like, and I figure it's time that I share (sorry, you don't get to see the bottom half of me. I think that's where the 15 pounds are hiding). This was taken last week, exactly 5 months after giving birth. I know, I know... it's not terrible, but I want it to be better so I feel like myself again. "Myself" doesn't have a protruding belly (except after an amazingly large meal) and love handles. Dearest baby pooch, the time has come for you to go buh bye!

Yeah, that's my office bathroom. Haters gonna hate.

3 comments:

  1. You know you can freeze bacon, right? Bwhahahaha!!! Love you, daughter of mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwhahaha, I suppose you are correct. But then the pups would be sad. They look forward to their weekend bacon or sausage treats!

      Delete
  2. As do the Rose dogs! But Dad has actually cut back on the bacon he fixes for one breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete