Saturday, May 4, 2013

What I Cooked this Week.

Saturday
Joshua made some terrific bacon and eggs for breakfast. I guess I technically did not cook that, but it was cooked in my kitchen, so I shall add it to the post! For dinner, he grilled himself a burger, and I ate provolone and dijon chicken burgers (a healthier alternative to beef burgers) with leftover orzo and broccoli. Not exactly an exciting meal, but it was quite tasty. Oh, and Caroline ate apples for the first time :)

Sunday
Joshua once again made bacon and eggs for breakfast, and it was once again amazing. We went out for a late lunch (Momo's for pizza and wings), so we didn't really feel up for a big dinner. I had a leftover burger and finished off the orzo and broccoli. Another boring dinner night for the Brians! 

Monday 
What a dreary, gloomy, rainy, icky, yucky Monday. The only meal that cures such days? Grilled cheese and tomato soup, of course! Husband-boo was feeling icky, and it's also the perfect cure for ickiness.  He had picked Caroline up from daycare early to spend the afternoon with her, so I took my time in Fresh Market picking out the perfect ingredients for our meal. I got 8-grain bread (who knew there were even that many grains?), provolone cheese, ham (for Josh's sandwich), and spinach (for my sandwich). I picked up tomato bisque by The Original Soupman. Guys, if you see this stuff in the store, get it. It was excellent! I'm going to go get more, and also try the other varieties. This was a wonderful dinner!


Tuesday
No picture! I know, I know... I'm slacking. But, we had the same meal as Monday, so it would have been very repetitive. I did substitute ham for the spinach, which was amazing and filled me up a bit more. And I had cheddar instead of provolone. Tasty, tasty! Also, Caroline ate bananas for the first time!

Wednesday
Butter chicken night! Butter chicken is my favorite Indian dish (well, the only one I have ever tried, but I LOVE IT) because it's not too spicy for me. I am a wimp. This is also the easiest weeknight meal ever. I just chop up chicken breasts and sautee them until they're cooked. I then add butter chicken sauce, found in my ethnic food aisle, to the pan and let it simmer for 15 minutes. While it's simmering, I cook two cups of white rice. That's it. Easiest meal ever. We tried it with naan last time and decided we like it better without. It's a great meal for two!



Thursday
Joshua requested enchiladas, so I made the unhealthy version he loves. I must admit, they are ridiculously tasty. And, I was good and only ate two (I normally down three of these with no problem; don't judge). This is another easy weeknight meal. I chopped up chicken, sauteed it, then let it simmer in seasoning. I then wrapped the chicken in the tortillas, poured the enchilada sauce on top, and added shredded cheese. It's all in this enchilada kit.


Friday
Steak night! Sirloins are buy one get one free at Fresh Market, so I was all over that deal. And the broccolini was delicious! Roasted it in the oven with olive oil and garlic. Wonderful, wonderful meal :)


No comments:

Post a Comment