Monday, May 13, 2013

My First "Official" Mother's Day!

I say "official" mother's day because I count last year's mother's day, as well. To me, pregnant ladies, or anyone who has ever been pregnant, are mommies. But, I guess this weekend was my first "official" mother's day! It was absolutely perfect. It definitely made up for the obnoxiousness that was Saturday. Allow me to explain.

Saturday was going well. Josh made us eggs and bacon for breakfast, we had a relaxing morning around the house, and went to Chili's for lunch (we split potato skins, southwest eggrolls, and boneless buffalo wings, and I downed two blue moons; this is not vital to the story, but food is always important). Our plan was to go to the mall after lunch to find our moms their mother's day cards (there's only one Hallmark in Tallahassee; lame). But first, we needed an oil change! Everything was fine until we tried to leave to find new error messages on Josh's dashboard. They then tried to figure it out while Caroline and I shopped next door. I get a call from Josh that his car will now not go any faster than 10 MPH. LOVELY. So, he calls around to find me and Caroline a ride home because she was quite bored and fussy at this point. One of his coworkers happened to be eating next door, so he gave us a ride home. Josh then drove the car at 10 MPH to a service station, only to discover the dudes at Superlube had unplugged something very important in the engine. At least it was an easy fix! This ruined our whole Saturday, but we did manage to make it to the mall, where I ate gross Chinese food for dinner.

Sunday, however, was wonderful. Caroline carried my mother's day card to me (she is getting very good at carrying things). It included a brilliant drawing by her (Josh said she had so much fun using the pen) and a $50 giftcard for mommy to go get her nails done. Perfection!!


We then used the self timer and tripod to have a mini-family photoshoot for mother's day. It was SO fun and I will forever love these pictures. Not bad for self portraits!







We then went to brunch. It was... interesting. Our waitress, who was clearly late to work, appeared to be hungover and still had the stamp on her hand from whatever club she had gone to the night before. The food was so-so (although, my Bellini was delicious). At least my meal was free for mother's day and I had good company!

We got home and took a walk around the block, bathed miss caroline, and then called our moms to wish them a happy mother's day. Josh brought me a beer for this event, and it was delicious. I then headed to Target to get essentials for our beach trip (which ended up being a cart filled only with $75 worth of baby supplies). We then headed out so I could use my giftcard to get my nails done. Silly me didn't make an appointment, soooo that didn't happen! Oopsies :) Joshua made me some amazing steak for dinner.

It was an absolutely perfect day, and the husband and the baby did an amazing job making it special. Happy belated mother's day to all you mommies who read my blog!

Now, I must work, because I actually have things to do. Positive thoughts, though, because in only five days I will be at the beach with my amazing family!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment