Saturday, May 4, 2013

My Family is Sick.

We took Caroline to the pediatrician Friday afternoon, due to a rash on her chin and a nasty cough. It turns out my poor little lady has a small ear infection (and the rash was just dry skin, so that's good). She's on antibiotics, which are easy to sneak into her bottles. Poor girl is also super constipated due to her first taste of bananas. She has now moved on pears, which apparently counteract the effects of bananas. She is in good spirits though and is still a happy little girl! Oh, and she weighs 17 pounds 10 ounces. Big girl :)

Husband-boo is also sick. He is a snot factory filled with sneezes, and is currently snoozing at 12:19 in the afternoon (he did make me eggs and bacon earlier, so I cannot complaint). Poor Joshua rarely ever gets sick, so it's sad to see him so miserable.

Meanwhile, I'm holding down fort. We're petsitting our friends Karen and Zach's two pups and luckily they're being very good. Making my job easy!

In other news, Caroline has been repeatedly saying "mumumumumu" which sounds like "mama" - she actually shouted a clear "MOM" from her nursery earlier. It was incredible. And then went "mumum" when I went in there. Yes, I am aware that the odds of her actually doing this intentionally at five months old are, well, zero. But, that doesn't make it any less cute or any less amazing. I like being called "mum mum" - has a nice ring to it ;)

I may be sick, guys, but I sure am happy!

2 comments:

  1. Get better before beachtime, Brian family!! And don't you dare get sick, Mommy Brian!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing my best to stay away from all these germs!!!

      Delete