Friday, February 24, 2012

A very boring update.

Hello!!!! I have absolutely nothing of interest to type about, but I did not want any of you to think I was a blog abandoner. SO, I took a couple lovely photographs of myself bored at my desk on this beautiful Friday afternoon.


Such beautiful pictures. This is my office. Photo 1 shows me displaying the lovely "duck face" that is a popular pose amongst teenagers on the interwebs. I decided to give it a try. Quack! Please blame it on the beer in my red solo cup displayed in the second picture (I lied; there is no beer, but it's fun to think there is). Yes, I'm a four-eyed nerd today. Yes, it's because I had a headache this morning. Yes, I'm all better now, thanks for asking. I hope you enjoyed my lovely photoshoot that was just for you guys!

Actually, I thought of something interesting. My hubby-boo found this article last night:

http://www.wctv.tv/mobi/breaking?storyid=140096983

It's about a claim made that prosecutors in Tallahassee "over prosecute" black people, stating " the ratio of black and white juveniles who are charged as adults in the Leon County Jail is 10 to one." May I draw your attention to this line? "Meggs told us that most juveniles are being charged as adults these days because he says his office is having very little success prosecuting them in juvenile court." Why, you may ask, would they be having little success prosecuting them in the juvenile court? Oh, that's because the head of the juvenile division of the Regional Conflict Counsel is kickass. Who oh who would that individual be? My husband is that person kicking ass and taking names, forcing prosecutors to move cases to the adult docket so they don't have to be tried in juvenile court against him. So proud :)

Okay, adoring fans, I must get back to work!

3 comments:

  1. I love you, Slackahontas, and I am sorry you had a headache this morning. But I don't really understand the legal mumbojumbo you are talking about. This may be my blessing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically, Josh is doing so well fighting against the prosecutors in juvenile court they aren't winning cases there, so they are moving the kids from juvenile to adult court (they can do that if the kid is 16 or 17) so they don't have to fight against Josh. And this dude in the article is saying it's racist because they're moving mostly black kids from juvenile court to adult court, which has more harsh sentencing.

    And yes, it probably is a blessing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand now!! At first I thought you were saying Josh was moving them to Adult court, and that made no sense to me. Glad you straightened me out :-)

    ReplyDelete