Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday is my BFF.

No, you're not hallucinating. I am actually blogging again. For the second day in a row. APPLAUSE. I am hoping to not abandon my thousands and thousands of readers ;) That may be a bit of an exaggeration, though.

I actually have nothing exciting to say, and nothing really to update from yesterday. Let's see, what have I done in the last, like, 12 hours? I watched Wednesday night's Revenge - SO. GOOD. I picked up some premade pork chop thingies from Publix that Joshua and I love. Oh man, so good, and great for weeknights! I roasted some asparagus to go with it and BAM easy dinner. I watched The Big Bang Theory; obsessed. Ugh, it's so cute. I then kind of spaced out for half an hour and played on my lappy toppy (my strange nickname for the laptop) since nothing good was on TV from 8:30-9:00. Then, it was Project Runway All Stars time! The fashion major in me loves that show :) The husband had a nerd session while I watched my girly shows; I love my nerd.

We have zero, yes zero, plans for the weekend. Well, except for filing our taxes. I don't really see that as a "plan," but more of an obligation. Hoping for a decent tax return! It's going straight toward paying off the Altima; the less debt, the better!

We have been stalking the internet for ideas for a bathroom remodel. I adore our cute little house, but the bathrooms are kind of dreadful. Who puts wood floors in a bathroom? Who? It's dumb. And our cabinets; no thank you. We seem to have the same ideas for the bathrooms (must. have. more. storage.), sooo yay!

And we need a deck. Desperately.  As much as I just love our concrete slab ;) we need a deck. 

Who has a money treeeeeeee?

3 comments:

  1. Do you remember the bathroom in my sister's house? The design might work in your house. There was an entrance from the hallway with a toilet and vanity and an entrance from the master bedroom with a toilet and vanity. There was a room with a bathtub that connected them with doors that locked the other entrance off. So there were separate throne rooms but a shared bath/shower. It works pretty well because kids usually bathe at night and parents in the morning (except you, of course!). Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, when we moved into my mom's basement, the bathroom down there had CARPET as the floor. That is just one bad dump away from a toilet flood and epic shit-mold growing everywhere. We ripped out the carpet and installed a new floor (laminate - cheap, but better than carpet) and got a toilet and sink that my dad had in his garage that was brand new from when he moved in, and replaced the toilet/sink in the bathroom. We painted, put up some shelves, and it was a HUGE improvement.

    ReplyDelete