Thursday, February 16, 2012

SLACKAHONTAS

Thank you, mother dearest, for calling me out as a SLACKAHONTAS. I am, indeed, a SLACKAHONTAS. I am incredibly sorry to everyone for being such a SLACKAHONTAS. I space out and forget to update. Oh, dear. I contemplated starting up a new blog completely, as I find it fun to start these from fresh. HOWEVER, I just can't abandon my coffeeholic tales.

Life update? OOKAAAAY.

Tuesday was Valentine's Day! We did a "no presents allowed" Valentine's Day, and opted for a nice dinner instead. WELL, we failed. I made him a card and bought him a heart shaped piece of fudge with a nerdy plastic label which said, "U R 2 COOL." I broke the bank at a whopping $1.98 for this gift. Oops ;) Joshua surprised me at work Tuesday with my present. He was apparently thinking to himself, "What would Kaitlin like? Well, Kaitlin likes Chinese food. She needs chop sticks; CHOPS STICKS!" He did a fancy pants Google search to locate chopsticks in Tallahassee, and BAM, got me some chopsticks.

Behold, my chopsticks:


In honor of my new chopsticks, we got some Thai food and a bottle of wine and had a nice dinner at home :) I tried to use my chopsticks to eat my Pad Se Ew, I truly did, but after two bites I opted for the fork. Fail boat, guys.

Sooo, since I last posted, we have had visits from Josh's dad and Josh's mom, at different times. Both were quite lovely! Josh took a trip to St. Petersberg to clean out his grandparents' garage, and now our garage is super duper cool, filled with tools I have no idea how to use. NICE.

You know what's exciting, you guys? I purchased a plane ticket. 

Who? ME
What? I plane ticket, goofs.
Where? VIRGINIA!
When? May 17th-21st
Why? Allison is GRADUATING!

OMG I am so excited. SUNDRESSES! Yes, I get excited about the opportunity to rock a sundress. Winter, go away. I actually found a store while we were waiting for our Thai food and I now want everything in it. Literally. It's like someone stole my dream closet and stuck it in a store. NAKAMURA, it's like a mini Anthropologie in a boutique setting. Visit and I will take you. Oh yeah, and it's like a quarter of the cost. Anywho, YAY PLANE TICKET.

We have been grilling a lot - lots of steaks, burgers, and chicken, mmm. The other night we grilled chicken and stuck it on salads with lots of yummy veggies. Tasty and healthy!

The four-legged children are all doing well. Ellie is now queen of her crate, and we're testing to see how Wrangler does staying in the bedroom with her instead of being locked in the bathroom. So far, so good; and it's good incentive to keep the bedroom clean so he doesn't eat anything :) The cats are their usual mischievous little selves, of course!

Hmmmmm, so I MISS EVERYONE. I wish we could all take a private jet to a beach somewhere and lay out with umbrellas in our drinks while chatting mindlessly about life. Aaaaaaaah, that sounds nice :)

1 comment: