Saturday, March 8, 2014

Welcome to the Family, Wrangler.

No, I'm not speaking to our dog Wrangler. I'm speaking to our new car Wrangler! The baby is napping and the boy is away so I'm BLOGGING!

Earlier this week we said goodbye to my beloved Jeep Liberty and hello to our new Jeep Wrangler. Despite the fact that the Liberty was my car, Josh has been driving it since the "Incident of 2012" AKA my freaking car catching on fire. We decided it wasn't safe for pregnant Kaitlin and certainly not safe for little Caroline so she only ever rode in it a handful of times. We took the Liberty to a shop earlier this week who told us there was $3,000 in repairs needed. The Jeep dealership was willing to give us a trade in for the Liberty at almost $5,000. We couldn't justify sinking so much money in repairs into a car that wasn't even worth that much, soooo we decided to trade in. I got tears in my eyes saying goodbye to my Liberty. We've been through a lot together and became good friends. It's listed on the Jeep website right now as for sale and that makes me oddly sad. However, with that being said, we made a smart decision. Look at our dramatic photos saying goodbye to our trusty Liberty.



We are such weirdos.

We were torn between a 2014 Jeep Cherokee and a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. Bottom line: we chose the Wrangler because 1) it was $5000 cheaper than the Cherokee, 2) it's admittedly a sexy beast, and 3) it has a fantastic trade-in value so it's a good investment. Funny thing? The day we bought the Wrangler was the same exact day Nissan cashed our last payment for the Altima. Life has a funny way of working out perfectly sometimes. We went from having one car payment to having one car payment which, due to the trade in and down payment, ended up cheaper! Thanks to our good credit, we got fantastic financing! HOORAY RESPONSIBILITY! Here we are right after purchasing our first car together; it's our first car with both of our names on our title and no parental cosigners. HELLO ADULTHOOD!


That bad boy is super fun to drive (though it has blind spots like whoa) and it's surprisingly great on gas mileage (better than the Liberty even). We bought it thinking it would be Josh's car and I would continue ownership of the Altima. However, I have a thing with falling in love with Wranglers I think to be wacko within a day (happened with our dog, Wrangler, too) and I'm pretty sure it's mine. That FSU Law license plate cover is staying on the Altima, and my ODU license cover is going to be proudly displayed on the Jeep. However, Josh is totally allowed to put this on the trailer hitch. I married SUCH A NERD, you guys :)

Sorry I have been a slacker in blogging but I've decided to only blog about the important stuff and not bore you with the, well, boring stuff! Life has been going swell. My new job is awesome; I feel like I finally am in a job that fits me. I have been designing a new website for my company which makes the graphic design, computer nerd in me SO FREAKING HAPPY and my boss is filled with endless compliments. Josh and I are considering using the new Jeep for a weekend camping (in a cabin considering we have a wild toddler staying in a tent is out of the question) or going to St. George Island. I miss home, as always, but I must admit I am SO GLAD that I have not had to deal with the evil winter you guys have been battling. It has been "chilly" here (in Florida terms 58 degrees is FREEZING) and we have truly been enjoying it. Remember everyone, we have a fantastic air mattress and are always, always, always open for visitors :)

LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment