Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Enjoying the Sunshine.

Our little Caroline has become a frequent visitor at the parks of Tallahassee. Josh and I make a point of taking her outside whenever we can, whether it's a walk around the block, a trip to a park, eating outside at a restaurant, or simply walking with us to get the mail. We hate how lazy kids are these days and don't want Caroline to ever sit inside playing video games instead of running around outside in the sunshine. We both have fond memories of spending our days playing outside in our yards, swimming in pools, and riding our bikes, and we want Caroline to have memories like that, as well. So, we're starting her early on the wonder that is playing outside whenever possible. Luckily, we live in an area with a lot of parks and beautiful weather, so there have been tons of park visits lately.

Caroline LOVES playing at the park. She is incredibly friendly and will walk up to any child she sees. Most of them yell BABYYYY and then ask how old she is (don't say one year to them, don't say 16 months to them, the correct is answer is, "she's one and a half." I've learned this through my experiences at the park). Our little girl loves climbing to the top of the playground… I'm not talking the baby playground, she climbs to the top of the big kid playground (supervised, of course). She can even go down the slide on her own, just needing our help to get onto the ground. She's not a big fan of swinging, but I think she's quickly warming up to it.

This weekend, she went to the park three times in two days and had a blast. She went down the slides, enjoyed the swings for all of thirty seconds, she picked flowers, she threw stones in the creek, she was really FREAKING CUTE. I take a lot of pictures while she's at the park and I figured I'd share a few of my favorites from this weekend's adventures. I love my little girl and love how much she adores the outdoors. Hopefully she keeps that up and doesn't become a couch potato like some children in her generation are destined to be. 

Enjoy the cuteness :)

You can't catch me, mommy!
I like to call birds "tat" because I think they're cats.
Okay, mommy. I enjoyed the swing for a minute. Now let me out!
What is this giant bridge doing over this giant body of water?

Hello, Mr. Flower. I wish to eat you.


We also took the top off of the Jeep for the first time this weekend. Josh came home during lunch on Friday and took the top off, and we then took a ride around the block together. It's really fun! Our Jeep has a few roll-bars so it's safe, as well, which is great because that was my main concern. On Saturday, we took Caroline for her first ride in the Jeep. She started off happy, then uncertain, then almost fell asleep, then was extremely happy, and then just looked around in awe. We are thrilled she enjoyed it because it's another excuse to enjoy the sunshine :)



4 comments:

  1. Caroline is not one and a half. That would make her 18 months old! Who in the world told you that? Silly people! I don't know why this bothers me so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I round up for kids because I once said, "she's one and a quarter" (which she is and that's just craziness) and they looked at me like I was a lunatic. I actually say, "she's almost one and a half" and that seems to make a little bit of sense to them.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for easing my anguish. Thank goodness, it wasn't adults!!

      Delete
    3. Adults get told she's 16 months - most understand what that means :)

      Delete