Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mmm Mmm Strawberry Shortcake.

Oh yes, I just had a mighty fine slice of strawberry shortcake. Whenever somebody at my office has a birthday, we get cake. Nom nom nom!!

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! We had a swell one :)

Friday night, we had a date night! We went to 101 Restaurant downtown for dinner. They were a bit pricey, so I got an appetizer and a salad. I ended up with bleu cheese pub chips and a caesar salad. Strange dinner? Oh yes. Amazing? OH YES. And, they have 1/2 off all drinks for happy hour so I got myself a glass of wine. Delish! After that, we went to see Captain America (because I married a nerd, and I love him for it), and it was good! Not as good as Iron Man or Batman, but still good. And the dude was hot. Sooooo, that was nice!

It's the weirdest thing, I'm having brainfarts as to what we did on Saturday. I know I cooked pasta, I know we hung out with the dogs, I know it was a nice, relaxing day, but wtf did we do? I worry myself sometimes. I know I watched The Roommate while Josh got his nerd on, and I know the movie sucked pretty bad.

Sunday we took the doggies on a playdate with Karen! We walked them through some nature trails with Karen's dogs. They had a blast! Ellie no longer needs her crate (she can barely fit in it), so she rode in the car like a big dog (pictures to follow on Facebook). She ran off once during the walk because she thought she knew her way home (I think she was following our scents) and Josh had to go catch her. Silly girl :)

After that, we had Karen over for tacos, beer, and a movie! We watched The Adjustment Bureau and I thought it was excellent - highly recommend it! It was a good day.

Yesterday, I worked (duh). We watched Red Riding Hood, which got awful reviews (11% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes), but we thought it was actually good. Either the reviewers are wrong or Josh and I are wrong. I like to think it's the former, not the latter.

We successfully sold an item on Craigslist for the first time, and are filing quite accomplished! We had ordered a large crate for Ellie off of Amazon, thinking it would help the barking problem. Turns out, she's been awesome just hanging with Wrangler outside of her crate while we're at work. No more barking!! So, we sold the crate for 50 cents more than we bought it for - hellz yeah, a profit!

And this has been my afternoon rambling. <3 you all. MUAH!

4 comments:

  1. I'm just commenting so you will be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun weekend! And good job on selling the crate. That's tight dude!

    ReplyDelete