Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Slacker, Slacker, Tisk, Tisk

I have been reminded that I am a blogging slacker, and indeed I am - oops!

Soooooooo, last time I blogged, I was about to leave for Virginia. VIRGINIA WAS GREAT! We got to Mechanicsville at about 1:30am Saturday, and hung out with the family until it was ridiculously late.

Saturday, we had lunch with the Brockelmans, walked around Short Pump (oh, how I miss that mall), and had a nice snacky dinner (oh, how I missed mom's cooking even more than Short Pump). We watched The Hangover with my mom, and it was awesome, as usual!

Sunday, it was off to NoVa! Allison drove Josh and I up there in her fancy pants new car! First, it was brunch at Chadwick's! Mmm, mmm, freaking mmm I missed that place! Soooo good. Then it was pool time at Justin's with him, Holly, Chris, Jessica, Joshua, and Allison. It was fun :) Then some spaghetti with the Nakamuras (hey, I can just go ahead and start calling you guys that), and then back to Mechanicsville. It was great to see my friendssssss and their bling bling!

Monday was a Rivah day! Wrangler swam SO much and was in heaven. Ellie was a bit timid near the water, but ended up swimming for a few seconds, and I think she had a great time :) I miss the Rivah, and it was good to visit it! Meatloaf was Monday's meal of choice, and it was quite tasty (again, my mom's cooking: amazing).

Tuesday was the long, sad trip back to Florida where we spent the first hour moping about going back to the land of the evil red ants. Joshua got the cats Tuesday night, and our cute little family was back in the townhome.

The rest of the week was incredibly boring. And it was a relaxing weekend full of beer, food, and Entourage marathons. Josh tried applying to the FBI on Saturday, working hours on the application, only to find out that they're not currently accepting applications. BULL. Sunday we had to buy a new mailbox because some mofo hit ours and it won't shut. BULL. Sunday night we went to TGIFridays with Karen and her new hubby; we didn't get there until after 9:30 (almost my old lady bedtime), so I was quite sleepy, but my glass of wine woke me up and it was fun :)

This week has been okay so far. Ellie has discovered her bark, and I'm sure our neighbors (who freaking NEVER go anywhere and are ALWAYS home WTF) don't appreciate her new hobby. She can now go down the steps on the deck, and go up the steps in the house! Such a big girl :) Josh and I are looking for "big girl" crates for her, because she's quickly outgrowing the cat crate.

We've also started the house hunt. We want more room for the pets, a fenced in yard for the dogs, and a place where we're not attached to our neighbors. House hunting is fun so far, we went to some open houses on Sunday and they were gorgeous... probably because they were outside of our pricerange - oops! We're going to make a meeting with a lendor and a realtor to figure out what exactly we can afford, and start the search! Very exciting :) It's funny, whenenver a young married couple walks into an open house, a realtor always points out the room that's ideal for a nursery. So funny!

Sooooooooooooooo, there's my life update. Miss all of y'all in VA already <3

And back to work I go. All of the attorneys are in a meeting, so this was the perfect time to blog :)

okthanksbyebyenow.

No comments:

Post a Comment