Thursday, February 14, 2013

I'm Blogging!!

Happy Valentine's Day, all! Mine has been great because I get to spend it with my tiny Valentine, Miss Caroline. Josh has to work all day, whomp whom, but he did surprise me with a bouquet of flowers! The card says:

To the Love of My Life - Josh
To My Milk Machine - Caroline
To My Food Giver - Wrangler
Yippee! - Ellie
Indifference - Tollie and Parker

I love my family. I might look into drying or pressing the roses because 1) Roses are pretty and I am, in fact, a Rose, 2) Roses are so expensive, you might as well make the most of them! and 3) It just seems like a fun, inexpensive project for me!



Wow, I haven't blogged since her two month checkup! Thankfully, that is now a distant memory; I don't ever want to hear that scream again! So, what have we been up to since then? Let's stalk my Facebook and Instagram to find out, because I can't remember anything on my own :)

I made an awesome feast for Superbowl Sunday, complete with a cheddar cheese ball (I so didn't make that, but it was good), skinny buffalo chicken dip (Recipe), and skinny potato skins (Recipe). And we enjoyed beers. I lived dangerously and had two beers. Whoa! I don't think I ever really watched the game. I just spent time with my little family and enjoyed the food and beer!

I went to the dentist. Now, that is exciting! Caroline was AMAZING while there; I was so nervous bringing her. She just sat in a corner and talked to herself the entire time. Luckily, it was a short visit, as my teeth seemed to be in pretty good shape. Still no cavities!!!



My parents visited!!!!!!!!! Oh, it was so much fun! My dad finally got to meet his first grandbaby and it was love at first sight (for both of them). And my mom got to see how much Caroline has changed. Their visit was oh so nice, and way too short! We had some fun adventures, such as an outing to Havana to shop and hanging out on the front porch drinking beers like a bunch of rednecks. My parents and grandma bought Caroline an activity saucer (This One!), which she's going to LOVE!!! Gosh, I miss them SO much already, but we're hoping to see them again in May. I hope it works out! I love spending time with them and I know Caroline does, too. She was all smiles and had a lot to tell them!






Caroline and I also enjoyed a Valentine's Day-ish Photoshoot yesterday. Let me just walk you through how a typical photoshoot with Caroline goes.

1) We put her in a cute outfit and she behaves and poses for a bit, and we get images like these gems:



2) Those images were obviously exhausting and burned a lot of calories, so she started crying and was hungry. This led to me nursing her in her cute outfit, which then put her in a food coma. So, we had a five minute nap, which ended in these pictures:



3) Well, once she woke up she (in true Caroline fashion) spit up all over her adorable outfit. So, the clothes came off. BUT, the hat stayed on. That's how we got these cute images:



And then, she got fussy again as she realized she was sick of wearing this hat. So, the hat came off, and I got my final group of shots:



Good grief, I love this little girl. How am I going to possibly go to work without her on Monday? I don't want to leave her :(

1 comment: