Friday, March 2, 2012

Coupon Queen!

I want to start off by whining that nobody commented on my brilliant white hot chocolate post. Boo hiss wah wah!

Now, this post is dedicated to my new status as a coupon queen. We're trying to be really awesome about saving money, and my newfound "coupon hobby" has helped! No, I'm not as obsessed as those creepshows on TV, THANK GOD, but I'm pretty proud of myself! Let's look at my trip to Publix this afternoon:

I bought:
  • Asparagus (on sale, saved $1.10)
  • 2 Bags of Voila Pasta (buy one get one free + coupon = $1.00 each)
  • 2 Bags Orville Redenbacher Natural Popcorn (buy one get one free + coupon = $2.00 each)
  • 2 packages of Kraft Fresh Fresh Take (I linked because these are super yum and I recommend them... anyway, with store deal + coupons these were free)
  • 1 box of rice for dinner - not on sale, darn.
  • 4 boxes of Quaker Oats cereal (they were buy one get one free and I saved an extra $1.00 with a coupon)
  • 2 Olay facial cleansers ($1.50 off store sale and $3.00 off two coupon, so they ended up only being $2.00 each!)
  • Six chicken breasts (these were on sale and I saved $6.00)
SO, I saved... $46.00ish
I spent... wait for it... $39.00ish

And I went to Beall's with a $10.00 off $25.00 coupon and got 2 boxes of Kuering coffee and a thing of hand wash for $15.00 :) 

Yay COUPON QUEEN!

Another exciting thing: we paid off Josh's bar loan finally (a loan law students take to take the Bar exam... it had a 12.5% interest rate, so we're very glad it's gone). And our entire tax return went towards Josh's Altima! We're rockin' :)

2 comments:

  1. So I will comment on this one (I didn't comment on the other one bec/ you know how I feel about Starbucks)...What I am about to tell you is absolutely true!! When I was Kroger tonight I saw "Fresh Takes" for the first time. I immediately thought to myself about how lazy people are that they can't mix together a few ingredients for a coating. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwhahahahahhahaha, I totally understand!!!! I never would have bought them if they weren't FREE! It's just cheese, breadcrumbs, and seasoning. Buying the stuff for free is cheaper than buying cheese and breadcrumbs, sooooo the couple I have in a fridge at the moment will do :) I would never pay full price for them - $2.50... ripoff!

    ReplyDelete