Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day!

Hello, readers! I hope everyone had a nice weekend and a tolerable Monday :)

I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! Josh and Caroline spoiled me (that's what Mother's Day is for, right?). I got two wonderful cards, one from Caroline and one for the dogs (the cats were too cool to give me a card, duh). I also got a gorgeous new cover for my cellphone! I drop my phone constantly (this weekend it took a tumble in the driveway while I chased Caroline) so hopefully this will help reduce the damage. I also got a bunch of new bathing suits for our upcoming trips! See, this may be TMI but I'm going to share it anyway because my blog is about life and motherhood and this is one of the effects of motherhood… being a mom made me smaller up top, if you know what I mean. My bathing suit tops, which were already size small to begin with, are too big for me now. So, no more triangle or halter tops for me unless I want to spend my day adjusting… I got some adorable bandeau tops and two tankinis. I haven't had a tankini since my teenager modest years, but I'm excited about them because I can chase Caroline super comfortably!

So what did we do on Mother's Day? For starters, I slept in! Josh and Caroline made breakfast (coffee, eggs, bacon, cinnamon rolls) while I laid in bed. Woohoo! We then just relaxed at home enjoying the morning together. We then had an absolutely wonderful lunch at Texas Roadhouse. I got a glass of wine and some delicious chicken. Caroline ate pretty much all of our rolls. She was SO GOOD at lunch, which was awesome considering the horrible experience we had with her the prior day at a Mexican restaurant. She sat in her seat, colored, ate rolls, and tried to play with a stranger's hair. It was a super nice lunch! 




When we got home, Josh made the mistake of checking out the septic tank (the grass and ground were wet and muddy around our tank) and ended up spending the entire afternoon digging around it so we could get it pumped. He felt horrible that he did that on Mother's Day, but it was an emergency that had to be taken care of. I totally didn't mind though because I got to spend the afternoon with my little lady, just relaxing and watching The Swan Princess. Honestly, that's the best way I could have spent my Mother's Day, so it was a perfect day!





A few short announcements:
- HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MOM!
- HAPPY GRADUATION, ALLISON!
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, PARENTS!
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELLIE!

And a few exciting things:
- DISNEY WORLD THIS WEEKEND!
- LAKE LURE IN NC NEXT WEEKEND!
- OUTER BANKS IN AUGUST!

2 comments: