Friday, October 11, 2013

What a week, guys.

Seriously, this has been quite a week, and blogging has just not been a priority!

See, Joshua started having these strange bodily symptoms at the end of last week, details of which I will not go into on my blog because, well, ewwwwww. BUT, he called and made a doctor's appointment Friday, which was set for Wednesday. However, his symptoms got worse through the weekend, he felt horrible by Sunday, and Monday morning he called the doctor's office to get an earlier appointment time. They told him, NO SIR GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM. Oh dear, so off he went.

Of course we made arts & crafts for daddy.


Josh was in the hospital from Monday morning through Thursday afternoon. By the time he got to the ER he had lost 2 pints of blood internally. Poor guy didn't eat anything from Sunday night to Wednesday night. Needless to say, it was a miserable week for him and a stressful week for me. Caroline and I visited him every morning before work/school and every afternoon after work/school. Guys, I have so much respect for single parents and military parents and anyone else that has to take care of a child alone. Caroline and I had a blast together but taking care of her, the dogs, the cats, and myself was a lot of work. We are SO GLAD to have Josh back home. Side note: after endless tests, the doctors found nothing that caused Josh's symptoms. So, he has one more test that he'll get at a later time. Look at this cutie visiting her daddy's hospital room:




So, let's talk about something happier: CAROLINE IS WALKING. I am so so so so proud of her and love seeing how proud she is of herself. However, there is a downer note I'm going to add here: I missed her first steps. She walked for the first time at daycare and the teachers TOLD ME. Ugh, I wish they had not told me and just let me think she walked at home for the first time. I'm a little heartbroken but really happy for my little girl at the same time. She's so big, guys, when did she get so big???

I'M SO BIG, YOU GUYS.


Another happy note: Caroline takes after her mommy and LOVES macaroni and cheese. Please note that "loves" is in capital letters to emphasize just how much that child freaked out over her first bite of macaroni and cheese. See, when Josh was in the hospital I got Panera take-out every night because 1) it's the only non-disgusting drive-thru I pass between the hospital and our house, 2) it's freaking yummy, and 3) dragging Caroline through the hospital and then promptly grabbing her again to take her to the store = NO FUN. I gave her some of my Panera macaroni and cheese Wednesday night and it was love at first taste. She got mad when we ran out of macaroni and cheese. Let's just hope she likes cheap macaroni and cheese and not only the $9, yes $9, Panera stuff.

Panera: Day 1
Panera: Day 2
Panera: Day 3

I hope everyone had a good week and has a good weekend. As long as Josh's symptoms don't come back, we will be in Virginia in LESS THAN A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you got a feeling for how excited I am through my overuse of exclamation marks.

I will leave you with the cutest baby butt in the world.

1 comment: