Monday, September 30, 2013

Per food friend's request...

... a Monday update! I hope all three of you that read these enjoy ;)

Friday, Caroline and I got off of work/school early and killed some time shopping. Dinner was at home in the crockpot, so we were in no rush to get home! The pork chops I made turned out perfect. They were tender enough that Caroline could gum a few bites. She also tried eating some asparagus, which was a surprising hit!

Saturday, Josh made the usual: pancakes and bacon! We are so predictable. But they're SO GOOD. We then headed out for a shopping adventure! He wanted to stop at Tropical Smoothie to get a muscle booster smoothie - he is on a roll with this weight gaining stuff and has been eating as much as, if not more than, me... whoa. I did some dress shopping while Josh took Caroline to Home Depot; apparently she LOVES the lighting section. I found the perfect little, black, lacy dress for my reunion. I'm in love with it and it will now be my go-to fancy-pants dress - perfect! After I found my dress, we went to Momo's for some pizza and beer. I was craving their house stout, which they didn't have, so I opted for a Guinness, with a veggie pizza on the side ;) We had a lovely lunch outside and then headed to the mall.

A thing of beauty.
Even more beautiful <3

We had an appointment at JC Penny's for a photo session at 2:00. Of course, they were running behind, so we had to keep Caroline entertained and happy for 45 minutes. That's not an easy task for a crazy 10 month old. Sidenote, Penny's needs to clean their floors. During our 45 minute wait, Caroline found a dead cockroach (which we thankfully stopped her from playing with) and part of a weave (we weren't so lucky with that one; thank goodness for hand sanitizer). By the time it was our turn, she was still happy but definitely getting tired, so she wasn't as cheerful and smiley as she would have been at 2:00. She was SO GOOD in the studio, guys. We were really proud of her. I went in planning to only leave with the three images and two prints that came with my Groupon purchase. However, the pictures were all too cute so I forked over $85.00 extra to buy a CD with all of the images... oops :) Here are some of my favorites!

OUTFIT ONE


Beautiful baby girl.


OUTFIT TWO


rub-a-dub-dub!




After our photoshoot, little lady took a nap in the car while we headed home. Josh then watched his FSY football game with Caroline while I headed to the store to get dinner. We ate boneless wings (for Joshua) and jalepeno poppers (for me). We drank Pumpkinhead Ale and it was DELICIOUS. We went ~crazy~ and had two each. Drunkards, I tell ya!

Sunday, we had the usual for breakfast. We then headed to the park so Caroline could swing. Due to the sun acting like a giant jerk and blinding her through her sunglasses, the swings were not a hit. However, there were about 20-30 kids playing in the playground, so we set her in the grass and she watched for about 20 minutes. It was the sweetest thing ever, ugh. I love her. 

Baby Converse.......... tooo cute!


We then came home and she took a nap. I ate leftover enchilada chicken for lunch (boring, yes, but food friend cares). I went on a Target mission where I got food for dinner, a new toilet seat, a bin for my "do not put in the dryer t-shirts," baby formula, and baby food; my life is so exciting, guys. I then came home and we all went outside and enjoyed the weather on the porch. Josh and I each had a Pumpkinhead Ale and a Blue Moon Pumpkin Wheat (don't judge, don't judge). Caroline had cheese! I then had mommy bath time (with a glass of wine, oops) and watched 50 First Dates. Josh and Caroline cuddled on the couch and watched Avatar together. Guys, she cuddled on the couch with him for the whole movie. Big girl loves her daddy :) We ate chicken marsala for dinner and I was in bed by 9:00, bwhahaha, I'm old.

Caroline went to bed at 8:00, but then decided she wanted to be awake at 11:00, after Josh and I were already snoozing. She woke up crying (highly unusual; she ALWAYS sleeps through the night), had a bottle between us in bed, and then started crawling on me and nuzzling into me. She then sat up, grinned, squealed, and bounced up and down... she thought midnight was playtime apparently. So we took her to the living room and put her in the swing, and I volunteered to sleep on the couch until she fell asleep. She watched Friends until roughly 12:30 and then finallllllllly went to sleep. Strange night for a little one that slept 12 hours straight both Friday and Saturday nights.

And now, I face the work week. Tomorrow I'm taking Caroline to the doctor as a follow-up for her ear infection, which we don't think is healed :( Have a nice week, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaay! I love your food/shopping/booze stories. I also love the pink baby converse - she seems to have a nice little shoe collection.

    ReplyDelete