Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I love long weekends!

Seriously, every weekend should be a three day weekend. But I guess then, as my husband pointed out, if every weekend were a three day weekend, we would be complaining that they were too short and wishing for four day weekends. I guess this doesn't officially qualify as a "Monday Update" but we're going to categorize it as one.

Friday, I had the late shift at work (meaning I had to work until 5:00 instead of 3:30). We had pork chops for dinner, which were quite tasty (I had to look at my texts with Josh to remember what we ate). Friday night is when the slow crawling of Caroline had begun; by slow I mean at a snail's pace. By the end of the night, she had started crawling a wee bit quicker, more like the tortoise in the famous fable.

She is obsessed with the tutu in this "touch and feel" book.


Saturday, Caroline let us sleep until 7:20am (her baby internal alarm clock woke her up at 7:20am every day this weekend). Josh made us pancakes and sausage for breakfast, while Caroline and I explored her nursery (she crawled in circles around the room). We did a lot of lazying around the house and playing with Caroline all day. She started crawling between her nursery and our bedroom which was adorable. We ate leftover pork chops for lunch and I feel like we went somewhere or did something, but my mind is drawing a blank as to what in the world we did.

Saturday night, around 5:00, we headed over to our friend Laura's house so she could babysit Caroline. It was Caroline's first official time being babysat at someone else's house. She was apparently a very good little girl. Josh and I went to Marie Livingston's Steakhouse. I had a pretty awesome Groupon that was almost expired, so we had a late anniversary dinner. We started off with our cocktails. We asked for the drink list and every drink listed was way too frilly-froo-froo for us. So, I ordered a dirty martini and Josh ordered Jack on the rocks. My drink was DELICIOUS and his was, well, it was a shot of liquor on ice. I never thought I'd like dirty martinis but I now find myself wanting another. Our first course was some delicious french onion soup - very tasty but hard to eat because of all of the cheese. Second, I ordered a glass of Merlot and they brought out our salads and our bread - the salads were typical salads and the bread was YUMMYYY. My wine was really, really good, as well. After that, I ordered another glass of wine (don't judge; all of this booze was included in the Groupon and Josh had to drive) and our main course arrived. We each got NY Strips, which are served with a delicious sauce on top. I got a veggie skewer and Josh got a potato. The steaks made me realize why this place is so expensive - they were AMAZING. We split a Kaluah brownie for dessert, which was delicious. We then headed out, went to get our baby and talked to Laura for a while, and then took our exhausted baby girl home. It was such a fun date night - we should do it more often :)

Hello there, my pretty.


Sunday, Josh once again made us breakfast while the little lady and I further practiced our crawling. She was crawling from the living room to the kitchen to help her daddy cook. I ran a "baby stock up" errand to Target, where I somehow ended up with Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale in my cart. How does that always happen? *wink wink* Josh and I ate pizza for lunch, and then had a wonderful day with Caroline at home. We then went to a local Mexican restaurant, La Hacienda, for dinner. I got a margarita and chimichangas! We were the only ones in the restaurant and it was overpriced but it TOTALLY hit the spot! We then relaxed at home with our lady for the rest of the evening and watched "It's a Disaster" on Netflix, which was very entertaining.

I LOVE PUMPKIN BEER!!!!!!

Having lunch on the deck!
Yes, it's another booze picture. I'M AN ADULT!
A big plate filled with amazing unhealthiness.


Monday, you guessed it, Josh made breakfast while us ladies played. She started crawling more around the house including up and down the hall. We had a fun, relaxing morning, and then headed out for our man errands v lady errands. Josh went to Home Depot and his archery store (which was closed) while Caroline and I went to Bed Bath & Beyond, Michael's, Marshall's, Old Navy, and Babies R Us (the girly stores). She now has three new pairs of shoes (they're required in the next room at her daycare) and we have the stuff to baby proof the fireplace (she's obsessed with the fireplace). She was SUCH a good shopping buddy! She didn't fuss once and never even needed a bottle. We had fun!

Seriously, when did my baby get so big?

Raised by wolves.

We spent the afternoon watching a shark marathon on Sci-Fi. We watched Dinoshark, Sharktopus, SuperShark, and Ghost Shark. They were all highly entertaining (and all better than Sharknado). I made us some buffalo chicken dip and potato skins for us to eat in celebration of football. We didn't watch football while eating our snacks (the game wasn't until 8) but they made great shark marathon snacks! Josh was so engrossed in Ghost Shark, he barely even watched the beginning of the game, bwhahaha!

Shark movie marathon snacks, woohoo!!!


So, here we are, back at work - EWW! At least it's a short week :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG your baby is so big! I need to meet her before she is a toddler! ALSO, I AM SO ENVIOUS OF YOUR PUMPKIN BEER. ALSO, I like your fancy food platters for your chicken dip and chips. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE FOOD UPDATES. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHO COULD THIS BE? Dude, she's seriously enormous. FOOD <3

      Delete