Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Packing for the Beach.

As I have excitedly mentioned on my blog, next week Caroline and I will be spending an entire week with my family and we are so excited. Not only do we get to go to the beach (it will be her first time seeing the water and feeling the sand), but we get to spend a lot of time with my family. Did I mention we are so excited?

Now, I knew I would need to bring a lot of things on vacation to make sure we can properly take care of Caroline for a week, but I didn't imagine my list being quite so long. I'd rather not go through the hassle of buying anything for her while we are there, so I have been stocking up and have started packing. I should have taken a picture of my "pack for baby" list, but let me just give you a glimpse of all the things I need to cram into the car:
Pack n' Play, highchair, boppy pillow, tripod (we have to get a good family picture), camera, iPad so we can video chat with daddy, formula, nursery water, baby food, spoons, plates, rice cereal, spoons, plates, bottles, baby laundry detergent, diapers, wet wipes, sunhats for her and me, baby sunglasses, baby sunscreen, towels, beach blanket, diaper bag, gas drops, tons of bibs, baby clothes, baby bathing suits, sleep sacks, blankets... and all of my clothes and toiletries!
After seeing how much room all of this takes up in the Altima, I guess it's a good thing Josh isn't coming along! I don't think he would be able to fit into the car. I'm still trying to figure out a way to watch her while I drive. It makes me nervous to drive for 5+ hours and not be able to see what she's doing in the backseat. Josh's car has weird headrests, so we haven't found a mirror that works. I guess I can just creep on her whenever we pass a rest area :)

And because no blog is complete without a picture:


2 comments:

  1. You could still get the Jeep fixed tomorrow and drive that! Love you! Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but I'm excited for 1: built in GPS and 2: XM Radio!

      Delete