Monday, May 6, 2013

It's Monday. Boo hiss.

Ew, gross. HOW is it already Monday? I am so not ready to be at work today. I'm sure everyone can relate!

We had a relaxing weekend at home. We had some delicious steak for dinner Friday night, and then rented Silver Linings Playbook. It was a good movie and deepened my crush on Bradley Cooper. Those eyes, guys, those eyes. Me likey.

Saturday, we woke up early to straighten up the house before our weekend visitors arrived. Their names are Lady and Cobie (which, I'm sure I spelled incorrectly, oopsies) and they are doggies. They were very good guests and got along well with our pups! Poor husband and baby girl were feeling nasty. Joshua took a three-hour long nap in the middle of the day on Saturday, while Caroline and I just relaxed around the house and took care of the herd of dogs. Josh woke up early in the afternoon and joined our lazy Saturday party. We decided we would have a lazy dinner, so I went out to get steamed dumplings from a Chinese takeout place for myself, and a pepperoni pizza for him. He ate and then went to "take a nap" while Caroline and I webcammed with my parents. His "nap" at 6pm turned into his bedtime, poor boo. Caroline and I cuddled on the couch, ate some pears, and watched Les Mis until she finally dozed off around 10pm and I followed around 10:30pm (seriously, could that movie have BEEN any longer?)

Sunday, my poor little family was still feeling icky, but they gathered up the energy to join me for an IHOP breakfast. This was a big deal for my little lady, because it was her first time sitting in her highchair like a big girl. She loved it. She had a blast throwing Eeyore around the restaurant, playing with the toy attached to her high chair cover, and watching everyone in the restaurant. This new development is going to make our lives so much easier. Carrying that carseat in and our of restaurants gets old after a while. I'm so proud of her. And, I was so good at IHOP: coffee with no sugar, a meal from the fit portion of the menu (egg substitutes, turkey bacon, and pancakes), and a bowl of fruit for dessert (husband ordered fried cheesecake for dessert; he had to force me to take a bite... that is dedication to a diet right there, folks).

Most adorable IHOP baby EVER.
Mmmm, breakfast!

After breakfast, Josh got his hair cut while Caroline and I shopped in Homegoods. I got an awesome beach mat for us to relax on at the beach (baby + beach towel = sand everywhere, I'm sure). We then went to Target and picked up a humidifier for Caroline's room. We splurged an extra $8 to get one that looks like an elephant. Umm, adorable. We then headed home, went for a family walk, and then relaxed for the rest of the afternoon. I eventually headed back out to get stuff to make gorditas in celebration of Cinco de Mayo. They were delicious! Once our house guests were picked up by their parents, Joshua collapsed into bed and I hung out with Caroline until she finally dozed off around 9:15pm. 

Poor Joshua called in sick to work today for the first time ever. He's actually going to a doctor for the first time in a long time. Hopefully he feels better soon! Miss Caroline seems to feel a lot better, which is good. I wish that icky cough would go away, though :(

2 comments:

  1. I didn't think you ever put sugar in your coffee (except when ingesting those nasty Starbucks drinks)! Unsweetened coffee is the way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live dangerously at Dunkin Donuts and usually get sugar in my coffee!

      Delete