Saturday, May 11, 2013

Foodie Post!

I'm changing the titles of these food posts to "Foodie Post!" Why? Because "What I Cooked this Week" is all kinds of boring and dull. Also, I need to change my table cloth. Sheesh! Moving on...

Saturday
Husband and daughter were sick, so we had lazy dinner. I grabbed steamed dumplings for myself and a pepperoni pizza for Joshua.

Not very pretty, but super tasty!
Sunday
Cinco de Mayo!!! We didn't party since the husband was sick. I drank some brewskies but they were just Yuengling Lites. I made gorditas!! They were very delicious and pretty, oolala!



Monday
I took advantage of Fresh Market's Buy One Get One Free deal on sirloins, so we had steak night once again! I sauteed some french green beans, and melted gorgonzola cheese on my steak. My husband is awesome at grilling steaks!
Tuesday
I walked into Publix with absolutely no plan as to what to buy. I ended up buying a honey mustard pork tenderloin. Easy dinner! Just took it out of the package and stuck it in the oven for 50 minutes. I sauteed the rest of my Fresh Market french green beans and cooked some couscous. Delicious and easy!


Wednesday
I was bad Wednesday. Sorry diet, I ate PIZZA! The plan was to eat leftover pork tenderloin, but neither Josh nor I wanted that, so we ordered a pizza. Josh's favorite pizza spot, Gumby's closed their doors forever this week. He is devastated, so we are on the hunt for a replacement pizza joint. Attempt 1: Marco's Pizza. It's right by our house, I thought it was tasty (Josh says it didn't even compare to his precious Gumby's), but it was freaking $11.00. No, thank you.


Thursday
Josh went to Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers meeting and wasn't home for dinner. Our plan had originally been to eat leftovers, but I always take advantage of "fend for myself" nights and get some sort of food Josh would never eat. Thursday night's selection: salmon! I melted butter and mixed it with dijon and parmesan cheese. I had a small caesar salad on the side. It was delicious! However, Caroline was quite fussy, so between every bite of my dinner, she got a bite of pears. Silly baby :)


Friday
I made baked chicken parmesan with pasta and caesar salad. It was very tasty, although I made it with chicken tenders since Publix had no chicken cutlets. Such a yummy dinner! And I got to enjoy cheesecake for dessert (an early mothers day gift from my Caroline)!



Gotta go!! Husband is making bacon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment