Friday, April 26, 2013

What I cooked this week.

Per my earlier post, here is a weekly installment of "what I cooked this week" - meant to be my weekly foodie post. Rather than making a new post every day, I'll just summarize my cooking at the end of the week. We'll see how this goes! Shall we start with Saturday? OKAY!

Saturday
As seen in the below image, I made a lot of food for dinner on Saturday. We were expecting company, but they had to cancel at the last minute. So, please do not judge us when you see how much food I prepared. These are steak kabobs with green peppers, red onions, zucchini, and portobello mushrooms. I marinated them with Worcestershire sauce, browning sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper (basically I grabbed everything that looked yummy and mixed it together) and then Joshua grilled them. I served them with a side of tiger dill sauce (sour cream, horse radish, and dill) and rice pilaf. They were delicious and made great leftovers for Sunday's lunch!


Sunday
I couldn't think of anything to make Sunday evening, so the husband suggested chicken broccoli casserole. I was feeling quite lazy, so he even went to the store to get the ingredients! Chicken, broccoli, cream of chicken soup, mayo (sorry, food friend, for saying that curse word), curry powder, bread crumbs and cheddar cheese were all mixed together to make this tasty dinner. Not exactly healthy, but it was easy and made the husband happy! It made me delicious leftovers for Monday's lunch!


Monday
We made burgers on Monday, ground beef mixed with this stuff. They did not look pretty, so there was no picture taken. I ate mine without the bun (bread is not a food I love). I ate mine with a side of brussel sprouts, and fixed tater tots for Joshua (I may have eaten a couple!) - easy weeknight meal for us!

Tuesday
I made chicken enchiladas! My food friend, Jessica, gave me the idea and told me how she and her husband make them. I used chicken, whole wheat tortillas, enchilada sauce, black beans, and cheese. I thought they were delicious, but don't think the husband was a fan (he probably prefers the unhealthier boxed version I make, le sigh). At least it made yummy leftovers for lunch!


Wednesday
When I left my office, I had no clue what I was going to make for dinner. On nights like that, I usually end up in the premade food section of Fresh Market. The only thing on sale that looked good was burgers, so we ended up having them for the second time this week! They were blue cheese burgers that Joshua cooked perfectly. I ate mine without the bun (as I have stated, I'm not a big bread fan) with a little bit of mustard on the side. I made tater tots for Joshua (I practiced amazing self control and did not sneak a single tot) and sauteed asparagus tips for me. Josh said the burgers were too blue cheesy. As a blue cheese addict, I fully disagree and state that being too blue cheesy is impossible!


Thursday
I made this for dinner and it was SO GOOD. Mine differed a bit from the recipe in two ways: 1) I didn't get bone-in pork chops; I just got thin cut chops that cook faster. 2) Smarty pants Kaitlin had a brain fart in the grocery store and thought scallions and shallots were one in the same. So, my version included scallions (and honestly, I can't imagine it being better the other way). Joshua loved this dinner and gave it the "make-again" stamp of approval. We had mixed veggies on the side. Since this was actually a pretty small dinner (note to self: .6 pounds of meat does not fill up two people), I totally ate a cupcake. Or two. But look how small they were! I photographed my thumb with them to show the size, and apparently to show off my need to repaint my fingernails.

Friday
Steak night!! Joshua grilled some NY Strips, and I made tiger dill sauce for dipping and broccoli and orzo. The steak was perfect! The broccoli and orzo was good, but not really anything special. 



Have an amazing weekend, everyone!!! Baby girl is snoozin' in the swing and I'll probably be in bed within an hour. I'm such an old lady :)

1 comment:

  1. You are no longer using your mom's chicken broccoli casserole recipe! I am surprised since it was the first table food you ate and you begged for it from the table like a dog! Bwhahahahaha!! And I totally agree that no burger can have too much bleu cheese!!

    ReplyDelete