Thursday, April 4, 2013

My "little" lady...

.. isn't so little anymore!! I put her in a short-sleeved 0-3 month onesie this morning, and I think this is the last time it will fit. This weekend's mission: transition all of her 0-3 month onesies out of the closet and into the tub of outgrown clothes. Of course this was inevitable. She is four months old and the clothes are labeled 0-3 months, but it's still a sad, sad day because the clothes are so cute. It's starting to get pretty warm down here, so I think she'll soon be wearing mostly baby rompers anyway, and those are the cutest. things. ever.

My little Caroline hasn't only outgrown her 0-3 month clothes... she fits comfortably in her 9 month clothes! We knew she would be long, given that I am 5'10" and her dad is 6'4", so this isn't really a surprise. These are both 9 month sized outfits with legs that are supposed to reach her ankles... hmm.


Not only is she fitting in big girl clothes, but she is doing so many big girl things! 
  1. She rolled over (from her back to tummy, and then tummy to back) multiple times this weekend and was very confused after doing it, but looked so proud of herself. 
  2. Every time I have gotten her out of the crib lately, she has been sleeping on her side. It seems to be her preferred sleeping position (which I'm excited about, because the back of her head is a wee bit flat from all the back sleeping) .
  3. She has slept through the night in her big girl crib twice this week (one of those nights, I didn't wake up once between the time my head hit the pillow and the time the alarm went off in the morning; it was amazing). 
  4. She has a tiny giggle that hasn't quite developed into a full on laugh, but it is the cutest little sound EVER. 
  5. She can hold her own bottle for short periods of time (she has the technique down, but her balance is a wee bit off). 
  6. She can sit up on her own for short periods of time (just like with the bottle, the technique is perfect, but then her balance gets thrown off and we have a  "timberrrrrr" moment).
  7. She absolutely LOVES "standing up." Of course, we support her, but she is so strong we barely have to hold her.
  8. She recognizes me when I pick her up at daycare and tracks me as I pack up her bottles and get her car seat ready. I always get a gummy grin as I pick her up.
So, when did my "little girl" get so big? I keep seeing new babies pop up on Facebook (seriously almost daily at the moment, it's insane). And they are all so tiny and so new to the world! She was that size only four months ago. It's so crazy to think about how much she has grown in learned over such a short span. She has a doctor's appointment on Monday and I'm curious to see what her height and weight are at this point. I am dreading the appointment because she is getting her next round of vaccinations and stupid Kaitlin scheduled the appointment for when Josh is in court. So, it will just be me this time. Eek!!
As she gets bigger, that smile gets bigger. Brightens up my day!


2 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful and loving mommy! I am sooo proud of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just strive to be as great as my mom (awwwwww)!

      Delete