Friday, April 12, 2013

Bathtime Baby

Bath time baby is the happiest baby! Last night, Caroline was very fussy (crying when I got to daycare, cried the whole way home, happy when eating, then crying again); we think teething might be to blame, considering those tiny hands are permanently being chewed on and she is drooling like a maniac. Anyway, last night we were deciding whether to cheer her up with food or cheer her up with a bath. Since she was due for a bath, we went with that! She continued to fuss a bit while I had her on the changing table, undressing her, and then the second I took off her diaper to make a nakie baby she gave me a big smile and blew some bubbles... it's like she knew it was bath time! She adores bathtime.

There will be no pictures of bath time because she is currently co-bathing... with her daddy. Yes, she will be absolutely traumatized when she gets older and we tell her about her baby bath time. But, at this age, she loves it!! Once she's comfortably sitting up on her own, we'll transition her into her baby bath, but co-bathing definitely works best right now.

Her favorite bathtime activity? Splashing like a wild child! She sits up (with Josh holding her, of course; we're not crazy), starts kicking those legs, and just splashes for a good five minutes before the washing begins. She loves it and it's amazing watching her experiment with the water. I sit next to the tub during baths, and am usually drenched by the time it's over. I love my wild baby :)

Her second favorite bath time activity? Getting toweled off! She has the hooded towels at the moment, so as I carry her to the nursery all bundled up we call her our "baby jedi" (yes, we are incredibly nerdy). She loves getting dried off and really enjoys when I put lotion on her. After baths she gets changed into her pajamas, which actually seems to give her the message that it's sleepy time. She's a smart little thing :)

Well, that was my random blog about bath time (also known as "Kaitlin's way of delaying doing any work). I have to work until 5:00 today, so I'm here for a while, ugh. 

Since no post is complete without a picture, here you go :)

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment