Monday, March 12, 2012

Just Another Manic Monday...

... wish it was any day other than Monday.

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! It's such a same this horrendous Monday had to so rudely interrupt mine.  This weekend held another fixer-upper project, which led to three, yes three, Home Depot runs.

Here is my tangent about Home Depot runs. I have noted so many things during all of my recent adventures there:
  1. Men truly do enjoy talking to themselves there (i.e.: "Ah yes, this thinger mcbobber will look great with that thingy majiggy I got last week. I must be the manliest man to ever step foot into the Home Depot.")
  2. I turn into  insta-child when I'm there. I caught myself, on many occasions, doing things I remember doing in these stores when I was a kid (i.e.: twirling in the aisles, using tape as a bracelet and talking to Josh about how amazing my new bracelet is, etc.)
  3. I love paint colors. My favorite part of the store, by far. It's like a rainbow of amazingness. I think I spent about half an hour in the paint section this weekend (actually, possibly more) and returned to Josh with a stack of swatches approximately 5 inches high. 
Okay, so as I was saying, we did another home project this weekend. That beautiful paint job above the fireplace I posted last week? Oh yes, there's a big hole in it now. Josh is installing a new outlet there, because we are mounting the TV. I think I almost had a heart attack when I saw the hole in the wall. He is being a good hubby though, and is making it look as pretty as possible. Le sigh. We did discover that Ellie hates when Josh is in the attic. She freaks, making these sad little noises. Poor little puppy.

So, while Josh was doing all of that manly stuff. I did girly stuff, which consisted of perfectly organizing the five inch pile of paint swatches I picked up. I also went to Target and got eight solar lights that now line the sidewalk (they're on sale for a dollar each, guys, so stock up!). Our house is beautiful :)

And now, it's Monday. Yuck. Ick. Gross. Nasty. Stinky. Sucky. MONDAY.

LOVE YOU GUYS MISS YOU GUYS COME TO FLORIDA AND SEE ME xoxoxo bye :)

2 comments:

  1. Target has solar lights for $1???? I've been wanting those, too. Are they still on sale?? If so, I must go to Target this week!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably! I think the sale just started this weekend. They have silver, black, and brown. We got black :) They're small ones, so we got eight. We've been wanting them for a while, too. GET SOME!

    ReplyDelete