Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Oh I'm Fancy, Huh?

When I was hired in January by the new company I work for, one of my first tasks was to begin redesigning the company website. My boss had long planned to change the name  and he wanted a fancy-pants new website before the name change was official. As a graphic design, web design, internet NERD, this was a dream project and I had soooo much fun with it. It's pretty cool to know that I designed a company website (with suggestions and help from my boss; I can't take all of the credit). I want to brag about what an awesome website we created, which went live this week! Check it out here:


Oh, and check me out on the "OUR TEAM" page being all fancy with my own bio and picture. This is the first place I have worked that believes me to be worthy of a blurb on the website. YAY! Also, my blurb, which lists my work experience, makes me feel old and forces me to realize how long I have been out of college. Craziness!

I am SO GLAD that I took a life risk and made a career change. My law firm was making me so unhappy every day. At my old job, I dragged myself into the office at 8am every morning (closer to 7:30am, actually, which no one ever appreciated) and stared at the clock until 5pm, when the day was finally over. I don't dread working anymore, which is so refreshing. I cook myself breakfast, pour a cup of coffee, and walk into the office ready to do my work without a feeling of dread. Hooray for me having the guts to quit my old job and start a new one. I'm proud of myself and am happy I'm not unhappy anymore, hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment